The Sons of Veterans Reserve (SVR) is the ceremonial uniformed military component of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (SUVCW). The National Military Department of the SVR consists of the General Staff and seven geographical Military Districts across the nation. SVR Units participate in Civil War related ceremonies, parades, living history programs, and re-enactments.
Membership in the Sons of Veterans Reserve is open to any Member (Hereditary), Junior (Hereditary), or Associate (Non-hereditary) of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War. To be in the SVR you must be a Member or Associate in the SUVCW. Units and individuals must file an application for membership. Minimal annual dues are charged all SVR members.
Seventh Military District
The District organization consists of a District Headquarters and assigned SVR units within its geographical boundaries: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee and Florida.
- Seventh Military District Headquarters
- First Regiment of Infantry, Tennessee Volunteers, Maryville, Tenn.
- Tenth Regiment, Tennessee U.S. Volunteer Infantry, “The Governor’s Guard” Nashville, Tenn.
- 42nd Indiana Guard, Alabama
SVR units in Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Florida are hosted by their respective Departments.
- Corp. John Mackie Det., Georgia
- Amzi D. Harmon Company, Florida
- 14th Corps Headquarter’s Guard, Georgia